Thrive activities for children to 11 years
- Guided meditation/visualisation, The Gratitude Tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QzBuhsyuk or Your Secret Treehouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOHcGF1Tmc
- Discuss the parable of The Good Samaritan and write a modern day version of it.
- GoNoodle: strengthen your focus: https://family.gonoodle.com/activities/strengthen-your-focus
- Create a quarantine rap, perform it, get your teacher to perform it
- Art: create your own coping toolbox. Might discuss strategies first: keep busy, set targets, go for a run,. Also what not to rely on, junk food/video games.
- Create a ‘wall of expression’. Have children put worries on a brick on the wall. These can then be used as signposts, or answered as a group.
- Alternatively create a ‘wall of positive expression’. Have children create bricks which express gratitude or tips to stay ‘sane’, or happy memories which are then made into a class or school display. They then become a ‘wall’ to keep out negative mindset.
Create a matchbox stone pet to keep you company (also useful for younger children, perhaps more so): https://www.redtedart.com/kids-crafts-matchbox-stone-pets/
A fun, child friendly free daily podcast with activities to do at home: https://www.funkidslive.com
Joe Wickes – daily live PE lessons at 9 AM – if this doesn’t suit you, you can access them at any time via You Tube.
Oti Mabuse – live dance lessons for children at 11:30 AM – you can access them at any time.
Table tennis at home with TTKidz
Wildlife with Steve Backshall on Facebook – every day from 9:30 AM – answering all your wildlife, biology, conservation, geography and exploration questions.
Science with Maddie Moate on You Tube – weekdays at 11 AM. Chatting about science and nature.
Story time with David Walliams – free story every day at 11 am on his website: www.worldofdavidwalliams.com
Oxford Reading Tree: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Maths with Carol Vorderman – free access to her maths website (www.themathsfactor.com)
Music with Myleene Klass on You Tube – twice a week but can view anytime.
Wiltshire Music Connect are in the process of creating a list of fun and educational musical resources: https://wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk/families/musical-resources/
Also this 30 day lego challenge is a fantastic way of getting your children to think creatively about construction projects.