Brinkworth Earl Danby’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Midday Supervisory Assistant and Driver Vacancy
We are looking for a Midday Supervisory Assistant and Driver to join our strong, friendly and motivated staff team. The hours will be from 11.30am to 1.30pm, Monday to Friday, during term time.
The post will commence each day at the Lower School site in Dauntsey, where you will collect the hot and cold boxes of food from the school kitchen. The boxes will need to be loaded into the school van and driven to the Upper School site in Brinkworth (approximately 2 miles away). Once at the Upper School site, the boxes will need to be unloaded and taken in to the school hall.
At the Upper School site you will work alongside the MDSAs and other members of staff to provide a safe and happy lunch break for the children, which will include serving the food to the children, being aware of food allergies and intolerances, supervising the children whilst they eat their lunch, and supervising their playtime (outdoors or indoors, weather permitting).
At the end of lunch time you will re-load the school van with the empty lunch boxes and used equipment and return them to the Lower School site. You will then need to unload the van and work alongside the kitchen team to help clear up the kitchen ready for the following day.
Qualities and experience required:-
- Enjoy working with children;
- Excellent communication skills, with both children and adults;
- Self motivated, flexible and reliable;
- Have an understanding of food allergies and allergens;
- Have high standards of cleanliness and hygiene;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Be prepared to undertake staff training, e.g. food hygiene, safeguarding etc;
- Hold a full, clean driving licence and have been driving for a least one year;
- Be physically fit enough to move the food boxes to and from the van (a trolley is provided).
Hours of work: 10 hours per week, Term Time only (11:30am–1:30pm, Monday to Friday). Part Time.
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 26th November 2019
Interview date: Monday 2nd December 2019
Commencement date: ASAP, ideally before Christmas 2019
If you are interested in applying for this MDSA and Driver role please email the School Business Manager at email@example.com or call her on 01666 510311, and she will send you an application form. CV’s are not permitted.