Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
Brinkworth Earl Danby’s caters for children of all ability levels. A child has special educational needs if they have a learning difficulty, which calls for special educational provision to be made for them.
We aim to :
- provide every possible opportunity to develop pupils’ full potential
- provide a differentiated and inclusive curriculum that is broad and balanced
- provide appropriate resources and support
- promote good practice for teaching and learning.
- work in partnership with parents/carers to liaise on pupil provision, attainment and progress
Wheelchair access, toilets for wheelchair users and visibility panels are available at both sites. In order to cater for a range of needs & disabilities, we work with outside agencies to support our children. These include Speech & Language therapists, autism outreach workers, Educational Psychologists and the SEND team.
Day to day support for all pupils is directed by the class teacher with additional support from Teaching Assistants. Any queries regarding a pupil's learning should be directed to the class teacher in the first instance.
Should you have any further queries please contact:
Mrs S Cross
SENCO - Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Tel: 01666 510406
Wiltshire Council Local Offer:
The Short Breaks Bulletin is a guide to activities, leisure and social opportunities, for children and young adults with special education needs and/or disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25 years during school holiday periods. The Bulletin is available electronically on the Wiltshire Parent Carer Council Website.