Week Commencing 11.05.20
Hello Beech Class! I hope you are all happy and well and enjoying the sunshine. Thank you for all your lovely photographs, messages and super learning. It has been lovely speaking to some of you when I have phoned your Mummies and Daddies. I have recorded another story time for this week and I am exploring an easier way to post it so keep a close eye out!
Below are some activities for this week. Have fun!
This week’s Literacy activities are:
- Calling all fact detectives, find out about Kenya and create a poster or book with facts and simple pictures. These are two useful webpages and I have attached a PowerPoint too. https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/discover/geography/countries/country-fact-file-kenya/
- Share the animal poems. Can you find the missing rhyming words?
- Try a sensational Safari wordsearch
- Play Ronald the Rhino matching rhyming words games
- Write a card or letter to someone special who you miss
This week’s Maths activities are: Number and counting patterns
- Explore counting in odds and evens. Whisper the odd numbers and shout the even e.g. 1 (whisper), 2 (shout), 3 (whisper) and so on to 20
- Sort the number cards into odd and even groups- activity sheet attached
- Odd and even colouring sheets-attached
- Explore counting in 2s to 10 forwards and backwards, explain these are the even numbers, can you count jumping or hopping?
- Using collections of objects like counters, pebbles, lego, mini marshmallows, take a handful then sort and count them into piles of 2, 5 and 10. Then count how many altogether. You could write the total on a piece of paper and label your collection e.g you take a small handful of lego (8 pieces) and sort into groups of 2 and then count to find how many altogether
- Jungle and rainforest counting sheets-as attached
- is a great site for maths games, stories and songs.
This week’s Topic activities are:
- Watch the video ‘Maasai life through a child’s eyes’ on YouTube. What is the house like that Naresiah lives in? Is it different to yours? Draw a picture of your house and a picture of where Naresiah lives. What’s the same and what’s different? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7wV9DeEqw
- Create an African Mask- templates are attached, safari animal role play masks are also attached
- Create some jewellery or a headdress from pasta or recycled materials
- Colour in the flag for Kenya. Can you design a flag of your own? Sheets attached
- Pack a suitcase for Kenya, what would you need to take- cut and stick sheet attached
- Time for mindfulness- Jungle animal colouring sheets attached
- RE-Ask your Mum or Dad to tell you the story of ‘The Ugly Duckling’ or you could watch the CBeebies Panto retell the story. Christians believe that everyone is special and precious to God. What was so special about the Ugly Duckling? https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rp5h1/cbeebies-presents-the-ugly-duckling
This week’s Purple Mash activities are:
- Explore the building site. Can you build a house for your family?
- Draw a portrait of your family
- Paint a picture of you
- Create a family flag
(Please see 2Dos)
This week’s scavenger hunt is:
Take a photo of you with all your treasures!
Please email any pictures, learning or WOW moments to me on the class email. I would love to see them.
Happy Learning Beech class. See you soon! Love Mrs Gray x