Week Commencing 18.05.20
Hello Beech Class!
I hope you are all happy and well. It’s the last week of our African topic. Our ‘Innovate challenge’ this week is to design and make your own animal pattern. We will be exploring and creating African patterns.
Below are some activities for this week. Have fun! Don’t forget to look out for another story time video too.
This week’s Literacy activities are:
- Watch the BBC Bitesize video ‘Animals with spots and stripes’ Write a list of animals that have stripes and a list of animals that have spots. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zpn6n39
- Why do Zebras have stripes? Find out the answer to the question and see if you can write the answer.
- What is your favourite African animal? Why? Draw a picture and write your reasons why.
- Retell a favourite story to your family with props, puppets ( you could make these yourself), movement and maybe music (with those pots and pans!!!)
- Listen to the story ‘The lion who wanted to love’ Giles Andreae. How was the lion different to the other lions? Did the lion want to be part of the pack? Explore the feeling of feeling left out and why we should include everyone.
This week’s Maths activities are: Measurement
- Keep a diary and record the weather, a picture of what you’re doing and some words or sentences- see diary and weather sheet attached
- Read ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ and sing the days of the week song to your family. Can you remember it?
- Order the days of the week-sheet attached
- Order the months of the year-sheet attached
- Can you finish the four season pictures?- see attached sheet
- Can you order the pictures of your school day? –sheet attached
- When is your birthday? When are your families’ birthdays? Make a list. Can you find them on the calendar?
This week’s Topic activities are:
- Share the African Pattern PowerPoint, try duplicating the patterns- see attached PowerPoint and activity sheet
- Explore colouring the African pattern colouring pages
- Design and create your own animal print. Create in any media you like- paint, pastel, pencils, felt tips, fabric etc.
- RE- Make a list of groups you belong to- e.g. swimming, school, rugby, rainbows, beavers etc. Find out what their logos look like. Design a logo for your family
Masaka Kids Africana Dancing Serebu By Eddy Kenzo, have a bounce and a dance with your family
- Curl up and watch ‘The Lion King’ with your family! Retell your favourite part of the story. Do you have a favourite song? Or choose another movie to watch together
- Each day see if you can think of 3 things you really enjoyed and share them as a family. You could draw pictures and label what you liked in a special family book to look back on together
This week’s Purple Mash activities are:
- Explore the Vets and Doctors in Simple City
- Paint the trees to show the four seasons using 2 Paint
- Explore and create African Patterns
- Continue to play the games in Maths city
(Please see 2Dos)
This week’s scavenger hunt is:
Take a photo of you with all your treasures!
Please email any pictures, learning or WOW moments to me on the class email. I would love to see them.
Happy Learning Beech class. See you soon! Love Mrs Gray x