Week Commencing 22.06.20
Hello Beech Class! I hope you are all happy and well.
This week our texts are stories called ‘Lucy and Tom go to the seaside’ by Shirley Hughes and ‘Summer Days and Nights’ by Wong Herbert Yee. You can listen to the stories using the links below. We will be thinking about summer and sharing our ideas about what it is like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5FPkawJdg Lucy and Tom go to the seaside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPwcsNk18c4 Summer Days and Nights
This week’s Literacy activities are:
- Write a recount of your weekend- sheet attached
- Write a list of adjectives to describe ‘Summertime’, maybe look at photos of summer holidays and talk about activities you do
- Can you draw a picture of a summers day or night and write some descriptive sentences
- Draw some summer/beach themed pictures and write matching captions e.g The girl is eating a yummy ice cream on the sand, The sun is hot and shines down on me playing in the garden
- Beach picnic sentence activity sheet- see attached
- Summer read and colour activity sheet- see attached
This week’s Maths activities are: Number- addition and 1 more/1 less
- Roll two dice and find the total. Can you record the number sentences?
- Revise number bonds to 10- workbook attached
- Adding 1 and 2 more by counting on along a number line- activity sheet attached
- Using a number line practise counting on and back to 20 from different starting numbers, 1 more/1 less worksheets attached
This week’s Topic activities are:
- Fill in your sunflower diary. Can you see a shoot yet?
- Listen to the story of ‘The Rainbow Fish’ by Marcus Pfister
- Why is it important to share? Talk about your experiences of sharing. Play a game, taking turns or share some yummy treats with someone in your family.
- The Rainbow fish is very sad she has lost some of her shiny scales. Share the letter and create your own collaged rainbow fish. Don’t forget the silver scales!- see attached letter and fish template
- How and why do Jewish people celebrate Shabbat? Share the information in the PowerPoint and complete the activity sheet- see attached. Can you help prepare a special meal to share with your family?
- What is the difference between winter and summer? Complete the sorting activity sheet attached
This week’s Purple Mash activities are:
- Explore the Park centre in Simple City
- Paint a colourful patterned fish
- Create your own pirate treasure map
(Please see 2Dos)
Lego and Playdough Challenges:
Can you make a shark or a sea creature?
Can you make a monster and fix on googly eyes?
Please email any pictures, learning or WOW moments to me on the class email. I would love to see them.
Happy Learning Beech class. See you soon!
Love Mrs Gray x