Week Commencing 29.06.20
Hello Beech Class! I hope you are all happy and well.
This week we will be sharing lots of summer themed poetry. Some poems are attached for you to share. What are your favourite things about summer?
This week’s Literacy activities are:
- Share the summer poems. What do they make you think about? How do they make you feel? Can you read a verse with expression?
- Summer rhyming word sheet- attached
- ‘In summer I see…’ Think of all the things you see around you. Read the poems again for ideas. Draw your ideas and make a list ‘shimmering sea’ ‘hungry seagulls’ ‘crashing waves’ – sheet attached
- Write an acrostic poem for the word ‘sea’ or ‘summer’- sheets attached
- Summer word search
- Write your weekend news, have you been out enjoying the sunshine?- sheet attached
This week’s Maths activities are: Measurement
- Water play! Explore filling a variety of containers with water to show full, half full and empty. You could fill egg cups, mugs, drink bottles, cups, pans and milk bottles.
- Complete capacity sorting sheet- attached
- Share potion PowerPoint and complete order magic potions activity sheet- attached
- Ordering caterpillar lengths activity sheet- measure by comparison and order
- Measuring snakes with a ruler. How many cms long is each snake?- sheet attached
- Measuring caterpillar lengths with Connor the caterpillar- problem solving sheet attached
- Maths- solving problems and talking about size activity sheet
This week’s Topic activities are:
- RE- Last week we learnt about Shabbat and why it is a special time for a Jewish family. This week draw a special meal you would share with your family- plate template attached
- Share the Sammy Seagull’s summer safety PowerPoint and create a sun safety poster- sheet attached
- Fill in your sunflower diary. Can you see a shoot yet?
- Design a funky new pair of sunglasses to help you stay safe in the sun
This week’s Purple Mash activities are:
- Explore the Farm in Simple City
- Paint a colourful sea creature
- Create your own pirate treasure chest!
(Please see 2Dos)
Lego and Playdough Challenges:
Can you make a maze or marble run?
Can you make numbers?
Please email any pictures, learning or WOW moments to me on the class email. I would love to see them.
Happy Learning Beech class. See you soon!
Love Mrs Gray x